Friday, November 21, 2008

Insurance

Yesterday I was in such a bad mood. Nothing that bad went on, yet I was very irritable. I know I was a down right baby at times.

One thing that happened though really has me worried.
DH told me his company is switching insurance carriers on Jan 1st. I guess they switch plans every year, but the plans with the same carrier didn't seem to vary too much. This year, though, they happen to have switched the entire carrier.

I am not really sure where to go from here on this. I am due January 6th/9th.
We have been paying a monthly payment in estimation of what our entire maternity cost will be for our current plan. Now that seems to go out the window.

A 38th week induction is starting to sound very convenient. If I knew little Z would be ok, I would totally go for it.

I have switched insurance plans four times in the past three years. Every time it is a nightmare getting them all of the paperwork. I am sure I won't want to deal with it when I am taking care of a newborn and recovering from giving birth.

Plus, the last I heard, the new plan is with the carrier that is having issues with the hospital I am delivering at. If those issues are not resolved and they are no longer a preferred provider I may have to switch everything around. I think (pray,hope) they will (damn well better) resolve it. Ugh.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I am thankful to have insurance. Our current plan was wonderful - they covered most of our fertility costs. It was a blessing while we had it. And the other plan is just as good (yet, I doubt it has the fertility treatments) and I am blessed to have health insurance in the first place. (although people who don't have insurance sometimes don't realize what we are paying for this stuff...160+ bucks every pay period...not cheap...)

I just needed to vent.