Friday, November 14, 2008

Gestational Diabetes

I failed the 3 hour Glucose test.
I guess I failed two of the drawings. Neither of my failures were extreme, but just enough to tip the balance.


What does that mean?
Well, today my doctor said I have only gained 16 pounds. I think I might have said 18 before, but now that I look at it, he is right. So most likely I am doing fine and it won't be a huge deal. I really think all of the weight I have gained is baby weight - if anything I feel smaller in my face and arms and legs.

I have to go see an endocrinologist. The nurses are supposed to call to set up an appointment. I will know more then. I am guessing I will have to start monitoring my sugar and go back to my old PCOS diet, stick to sugar free or low sugar items and unfortunately no more potatoes. :(


I get to have an ultrasound at my 36 week appt to check out her size instead of just belly measurements. She will probably NOT be small, but I don't think she will be gigantic. The doctor keeps saying that GD babies tend to have big trunks...I don't quite know how to imagine that, but we will see. If she does get too big I will have a C-Section. I don't mind having a c-section. All I want is to have a safe and healthy delivery of our little girl.

I think I have started to feel emphathetic clausterphobia, if there is such a thing. I can't imagine her being crammed in my belly.

My work baby shower was yesterday and it was great! I will post on that this weekend.

I ordered our car seat today. I decided at the last minute that I was not going to use the travel system I had originally registered for because:
1. I really wanted a Chi.cco car seat, and I couldn't imagine paying over 300 bucks for the travel system.
2. I didn't really like it that much. I loved the pack n play that was part of the set, but I just registered for that travel system because it was easier, and how silly is that.

I picked up a bab.y tr.end sna.p n go stroller to go with the car seat. I know those are not listed as ones that are compatible, but everything I read from other users said they were able to make it fit. I found it on craigslist and got it for 20 bucks. It is well worth it if it works. If not, we will find something else.