Thursday, April 10, 2008

One for each Ovary

I went through the femara and the first three injections without incident.
The trip to NYC was pretty quick, but I was just thankful that I hadn't booked on American since they cancelled so many flights.
I went for my ultrasound today.
My lining was 10. I guess that is good, the minimum they want to see at my clinic (and I am sure most others) is 8 by CD10.
I have two good follicles. One for each ovary. The one on the left is at 16mm and the one on the right is at 14mm. The nurse said they want to see at least 18mm, so I am to do one more shot of Follistim tonight and move on to the trigger tomorrow.
I definitely breathed a sigh of relief when I found it was just two. I had begun to worry that due to the PCOS I would hyper stimulate...phew.

They said I didn't need to go back in, which is nice, because it would have been a pain to re-arrange my schedule.
Surprisingly, my local pharmacy was able to fill my Novarel on the spot. I was concerned because they had to order the Follistim.
And, low and behold, my insurance covered the Novarel and it was under 10 bucks. I was pleasantly surprised.
So tomorrow the DH gets to try his hand at intramuscular injections. He is so concerned about hurting me...it is sweet...but I tell him - no pain no gain.
After that we are scheduled for a weekend of baby dancing.
On Monday I am supposed to start my progesterone suppositories and I am to get a PG test on the 25th if I have not started my period.
Well, off to stimulate those follicles.