Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sucker for a song

I saw this on a fellow infertile's Blog a few weeks ago (I didn't keep track of who it was- I am sorry!). Since then the song has been in my head and has really had an effect on me. It is so wonderful to become part of this whole community - to see that there are people out there experiencing the same feelings and struggles as we are.

Sometimes it can be really lonely - feeling like you are the only person on the planet that has this type of problem. I sent this to my Mom because I wanted her to get a better understanding of how it feels. She is very supportive, but she had nine children - so I always feel like she can never understand. I forget though - that she also had six miscarriages and she always had to deal with people asking her when she was going to STOP having children. For me it is when are you going to START. I guess there is some similarities. She is a good mom - so I try not to push to much.

I would die for that
Kellie Coffey


Jenny was my best friend
Went away one summer
Came back with a secret
She just couldn't keep

A child inside her
Was just too much for her
So she cried herself to sleep

And she made a decision
Some find hard to accept
Too young to know that one day
She might live to regret

But I would die for that
Just to have one chance
To hold in my hands
All that she had
I would die For that

And I've been given so much
A husband that I love
So why do I feel incomplete
With every test and checkup
Told not to give up
He wonders if it's him
And i wonder if it's me
But all I want is a family
Like everyone else I see
And I won't understand it
If it's not meant to be

And I want to know what it's like
To bring a dream to life
For that kind of love
What I'd give up
I would die For that

Sometimes it's hard to conceive
When all that I've got
And all I've acheived
What I want most of all
Before my time is gone
Is to hear the words
I love you, Mom.