Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ovulation, Ready, Set, Hike!

I think I might have actually ovulated all on my own this cycle.
I had some sharp pains on my right side on Thursday night. And, then I had some other weird pains for the next few days.

It is strange though because my last few cycles were much longer than this - Thurs would be around day 16. I haven't felt those types of pains for a while.
I did the whole OPK thing and I got positive results - but the results didn't come for at least 5 minutes - I guess that is normal.

It would be amazing if we actually got pregnant without stims, etc. I have heard that many people who have PCOS can increase their pregnancy chances by loosing weight and I have lost a little over 20 pounds at this point. Also I had that HSG - so I guess my chances are increased in that respect too - the little swimmers have a clearer path.

I am kind of slowing down on the weight loss now - but that is ok with me because I would rather lose it slowly and healthily than in a way that is just going to come back if I change my diet.

Don't get me wrong - I realize this carb watching diet is going to have to continue the rest of my life if I want to be healthy and not get Type II Diabetes - but I don't want to have to obsess about it either. Also, we have continued our regular workout schedule and it is awesome. It gave me an excuse to get an iPod - and I feel so much better - I can't believe I spent all that time feeling like such ass.

The OPK thing reminds me of an incident I had earlier this year. I took what I thought was a pregnancy test and it had a slight pink line. I was really amazed because - as you know - I have never gotten a postive before. At that time my hubby and I were wondering if it could really be true. It was the night after the Colts beat the Ravens in the Playoffs - and I pondered the possibility of a baby AND a Super Bowl in the same year. We both decided we would prefer the baby.

Afterwards I realized it was an OPK and that I was NOT pregnant and that I hadn't even ovulated (I guess the line on the OPK has to be really dark when you are ovulating to detect the LH surge - this was just very faint). We got the Super Bowl though - so it wasn't all bad.

I am keeping my hopes up that my ovaries can make the big come back like Peyton in the AFC Championship. Or maybe they are more like my boy, Bob Sanders - the playmaker in all the big games that has to miss most of the season.