Saturday, July 26, 2008

peace for a few weeks..and the great doggie lockdown

The doctors appt went well. My husband went with me.
I gained three pounds, that makes five total. The doctor was very happy with that number so far.
My blood pressure was good.
He found a good strong heartbeat (156 - 158) very easily with the doppler.

I will sleep a little more peaceful for at least a few more weeks.
Our next appointment and the big ultrasound is August 22nd.

This morning I went to take the dogs to get groomed. I realized I needed to move the car behind my car. I put the dogs in the car and ran into the house to ask my sister to move the car. When I went back out to the car the dogs had jumped to the front passenger seat where I had put the keys. One of them inadvertantly stepped on the remote lock clicker on the seat.
Ugh. What a way to start the morning!
I searched around for the extra keys, but unfortunately we could not find them (my husband never put his copy on his keychain).

We called a locksmith ASAP. It was 9:15am. They said it would be 20 to 30 minutes. After 15 minutes they had text messaged me saying there was a locksmith assigned. I waited patiently until after 10am. When they did not show up, I called the company again. They said the locksmith was on his way and would be calling me shortly. I waited 10 minutes, then called again. This time they actually got the locksmith to call me. He was over 45 minutes away (he seemed to think it would only take 25 minutes from an area I know is much farther) and he did not have the correct address. Nor did he seem to be able to take directions, he just wanted the address to put into a GPS. Our address is in a newer subdivision and cannot be found on GPS systems usually.
I was getting very, very frustrated at this time. I called to talk to the manager of the company because I wanted to know why it was taking over an hour and 15 minutes to get to our house and why they waited 45 minutes before even calling a locksmith.
I was so worried about the dogs. We thought we would have to break a window if they weren't there very soon. The car was in the garage, so it wasn't in direct sun, but it was getting pretty hot.
As I proceeded to call the manager back one more time I heard my husband yell from the garage.
We had been trying to get the dogs to step on the clicker again. They finally did, and luckily he was right there to open the door.
Needless to say, we made two duplicate keys today.

I can't believe July is almost over!
Happy second half of the summer everyone!
Thanks for all your well wishes.