Monday, January 5, 2009

T Minus 1

Looking at that ticker, and knowing it says '1' is pretty amazing.

I have been quiet around here, mostly because there is little to report on the baby front and I have been trying to absorb as much time with the family as possible.

My husband went back to work on Friday. He did have the weekend off, but now he is off to the daily grind while I sit at home and wait for something to happen.

Last friday I had my 39 week checkup. They put me on the NST for a while and everything seemed fine. I am not having any contractions (well i mean there are a few here and there and there is very very small actions happening, but nothing of any importance). I am dialated to about 1cm.

My doctor has been on vacation for my last two appointments, and I sort of feel like I am a woman without a plan. He said previously was he didn't think he would let me go much past the first of the year. It is January 5th. Tomorrow is my due date. I have an NST scheduled tomorrow morning and an appointment later in the day. I am going to finish packing up my bag with all of my hospital needs and little Zs first outfits. I am putting that suitcase in my car and taking it to my appointment. Perhaps it is wishful thinking, but I would not mind one bit for him to send me directly to Labor and Delivery for an induction after my appointment. Otherwise I am hoping he schedules the induction for later in the week.

I am getting worried about her size and how big her head is. I know you never can really tell, and if a vaginal delivery doesn't work out they are very experienced with heading toward the c-section in time. I am trying not to read about all of the things that can go wrong. I can make all that stuff up on my own - so there is no point in making a bigger deal about it.

In other news, we bought a new car for the DH this past week. A 2009 Honda Civic Sedan. It is Atomic blue - and it is beautiful. I am so happy for him. He has had a no frills Dodge Neon in which the lock on the driver side door didn't work for ages. We kept putting money into it until we decided to take advantage of the year end financing options they have out now that made it hard to pass up. Plus - I don't see how we could do wrong with a Civic. It is always great to mention to people about your new car and get stories of how they know people who drove theirs without problems for 200,000 to 300,000 plus miles.

We thought about trading in my car too and getting a new Honda Fit or Toyota Matrix. I test drove the Fit, and while it would have been a great car for the 25 year old Beth, the 31 year old didn't like it enough to trade in my current car. I have a 2005 Pontiac Vibe. I didn't realize how much I love my car until I considered getting rid of it, and I liked it too much to chuck it to the curb for fancy dancy newness.

Since I didn't get a new car I did get a bonus...I got my car detailed. Ziebart was having a year end special of half price on interior detailing. It looks amazing! Like a brand new car! I have to admit my car was just disgusting. We have two long-haired dogs - the type of hair that just doesn't come up with those car-wash vacuums. And I had let it get out of hand. I am not making excuses. I commute 45+minutes to work every day (or at least I do when I am not on leave) and at times it feels like I live in that car. Since Z will be here soon, and I didn't feel comfortable installing the carseat in that dirty back seat, I talked DH into letting me get it done. Like I said they had a special, but they still charged me extra and needed more time because my car was just THAT dirty. (I know I should be ashamed.) Now I am all excited to go for a drive in my fresh smelling like-new car!

Needless to say, the dogs will be relagated to the cargo back and OUT of the back seat from now on. And I am going to seriously work on keeping my car clean.

I leave you with a few pictures.

On Christmas Eve we went to a party at my brother's house. Here is a picture of my immediate family - parent's down...well all but one sister who couldn't make it in from Florirda for the holiday...yes - I am the youngest of nine, so there are eight siblings and two parents in this photo...



Here is a belly picture at 39 Weeks - 5 days (Saturday). It is important - because it is the last time I will wear my Bob Sanders jersey while pregnant with Z. And, while it is sad that the Colts lost their first playoff game, I am personally ready to move on to something a little more important - like being a mom. (If you knew how obsessed with the Colts I have been in the past, you might surprised at that statement- probably not). Saturday evening was a somber time in our house, but it is much easier for DH and I to get over with the anticipation of Little Z.