Thursday, September 25, 2008

24 Week OB and 25 week Pic


I normally would have posted last Friday after my 24 week OB appt, but I was in sort of a fog and I just waited.

The appointment went well. Heartbeat 150 bpm.
Woo hoo! 24 weeks! (Actually 25 now!) We are in the sixth month! yay!
I have a little creature that does flips and kicks. On Saturday I got up at 4am to go to the bathroom and she woke up. She kept on kicking me and I couldn't go back to sleep. I tried to poke her back, but I don't think she could tell. LOL

Above is a 25 week belly pic taken yesterday. I look like a troll...but it is the first and only belly pic I have managed to take, so I figured I better put it up. I have been saying I would put one up for months!

I finally decided on a theme for the nursery. She will have a little Mary Engelbreit themed room. If you don't know Mary E, check out her website at Maryengelbreit.com. My Mom is going to come up in a few weeks and we will do some painting for the room. Not actually painting the room, I think I will make the DH and my brother do that, but we will be painting some accents. I am really excited about the room. I think it will be adorable. I ordered some ME prints, posters and fabric. A friend is making a quilt and bumpers. If I hadn't mentioned before, we got our crib at ikea, and it is royal blue. I bought a nice old dresser at our community garage sale a few weekends ago and last weekend we painted it a kermit the frog green. I am turning it into a changing station. I also got a glider for the baby's room for 25 bucks. I can't wait to get it recovered and get all the furniture and painting and fun stuff into the room.

I think my shower will be in November. Probably after thanksgiving. We are most likely going to have it right here at our house. It is a good central location and it means we won't have to move stuff back to the house. I will have to have help doing a deep cleaning beforehand - two long-haired dogs and three cats ensures that there is always a need for a deep cleaning prior to guests.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but since the beginning of the pregnancy I have developed allergies. Have any of you had a similar experience? I never had allergies before, they moved in to my nose somewhere around the time that the baby moved into the Ut. Now I sneeze several times every day. (Interesting feeling my body change its reaction to sneezing - from a deep diaphramic sneeze to everything occuring above my belly). This whole thing doesn't help my weak bladder. I don't think I should be needing Depends by six months, sheesh! Do you think they will go away when I have the kid? Or am I stuck with these sneezes for teh rest of my life? Oh brother!

That is about all I can think of today. I hope you all have a great day!