Sunday, December 14, 2008

Woodsies and Onesies

Yesterday I went to the annual Woodsie Christmas party. A woodsie is the nickname of a woman who attends my undergrad college - Saint Mary of the Woods College.

This is not a formal college event, but a small gathering of some of the wonderful ladies I went to school with. I was in choir with all of them, and although I was a few years older than most of them, they have welcomed me into their gatherings. It is a delight.

Here is a quick pic of the group....we were so color coordinated with reds/blues and bookend blacks :) ...


And today I did a small craft project.

I made four onesies for little Z. I have been looking at different funny onesies on cafepress and various other sites. I decided rather than paying 20 bucks for them I could just buy a pack of onesies and some iron on transfers and make my own!

Here is all four of them...proof they are onesies....


And here they are individually...
Righteous Baby - my hommage to Ani Difranco's record company....little Z will be one tough chick....



A little Pink Floyd for the DH (it is his favorite band)...


A reference to DH and I being from opposite sides of the state (at least when it comes to college athletics)....



And a math geek's way of showing love....(both DH and I are pretty geeky - especially when it comes to math...I majored in it and he still does problems for 'fun')...


I did one more, only to realize after I had ironed it on that I had deleted a letter prior to printing the iron on...You don't spell grandchild without an L. It was definitely a challenge...I had to figure out how to reverse all of the lettering and pictures prior to printing. I know the typo wasn't in the original document, so I must have deleted it when I had to transfer it to powerpoint to get it to print properly. Ugh. Now do I keep a onesie with a typo? I mean I am going to make other one for public consumption, and maybe some more since I have quite a bit of the iron on stuff left over. I coud just use it as an undershirt i guess... It is funny really.

Enjoy!