Friday, December 12, 2008

Gonna have to wait a bit :)

I had my 36 week appt today along with the measurement u/s...and the results are in.

She is weighing in at 6lbs 9ozs. Right on schedule. Her belly is a little fat, and her legs are short. The fluid levels are ok and all is well.

Looks like I won't be needing to schedule a C-Section. I am glad about that.

Oh and I had that swab strep test. No biggie. (Still -yuck)

And I am about 25% effaced. No dialation. Some thinning of the lining.

I didn't gain any weight. I guess that is normal for this time period.

I go to weekly appts now.

Now is when the patience comes. It reminds me again of this...

This may sound silly - because who really thinks I have control over how this happens....but I was at a point where I really wanted to force the issue...I wanted to be induced at the earliest sign that my Doctor was ok with it. I figured the insurance issues and all that would be a nightmare.

Then I reached a point of calmness. And after today's appointment I feel better about it all. I will not induce unless necessary (you can ask me again at 40 weeks - I may have a different point of view and I am ok with that). I want to wait until Z is ready. She will be here soon. And, then we are on to a different world.