Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The arrival...of the D60 that is....

My new toy was delivered tonight. Thankfully it is in tact and I have been playing around with it. I say 'thankfully' primarily because the UPS person left it with my neighbor without my consent. I am not surprised, because she works for UPS, so she probably told them that I would be ok with it. It sort of bothers me, because it looked like someone tried to cut the tape on the sides of the box to get a peek at what was inside. A lot of nerve...eh? I suppose I have a case for a complaint to UPS, but I really don't want to bother with it. All is well that ends well, as I have my new camera and it is intact. I want to believe that her intent was to be helpful because she knows I work a ways away. I just wish she would have asked me this evening and then offered to have them drop it there tomorrow. OK. Moving on...

I have had a chance to play around with it.
Here are some pictures for your delight. I have a lot to learn about all of the settings, but just playing around with it is fun too.

Starbuck....


Gus....


Grace...


The Big Belly...