Saturday, December 22, 2007

100 things

I have seen a bunch of bloggers do this. I actually started it a few months ago, but man it takes a long time to figure out 100 things you want to share about yourself.

1
Breakfast is my favorite meal.
2
Going to the AFC Championship game in Indy during January of 2007 was one of the most amazing experiences.
3
I have two cats and a ferret by marriage (see 21) - one cat named Mittens and one cat named Birdie.
4
I always wanted to dye my hair blue.
5
I am 7/8ths irish and 1/8th sicilian.
6
I am a big fan of the Indigo Girls.
7
I am a Pro Wii Bowler.
8
I am a singer.
9
I am addicted to Wikipedia.
10
I am Catholic.
11
I am in the process of becoming a Providence Associate.
12
I am NOT a fan of the New England Patriots.
13
I am obsessed with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer collectibles.
14
I am the youngest of nine children (all from the same two parents). I have four sisters and four brothers.
15
I did not want to grow up or start wearing bras or get my period - I wanted to stay a kid forever.
16
I enjoy doing brain-teasers.
17
I grew up in a log cabin in the forest.
18
I had Punky Brewster tennis shoes in fourth grade.
19
I had surgery for the first time in December 2007.
20
I hate dealing with insurance and cable companies.
21
I have a cat named Grace - she is addicted to feather toys.
22
I have a golden retriever named Starbuck.
23
I have a knack for remembering song lyrics.
24
I have a miniature Australian Shepherd named Gus.
25
I have always been a sandals girl. My toes need to be free.
26
I have an irrational fear that my car will get hit by a train, so I try to avoid any stops that are right at a train track.
27
I have been an Indianapolis Colts fan since I was a kid.
28
I have been friends with my best friend (outside of my DH) since we were five years old.
29
I have curly dark brown hair.
30
I have fifteen nieces and nephews and one more on the way.
31
I have found that the best friends in life cross age, gender and pretty much any boundary you can think of.
32
I have lost around 37 lbs in the past six months.
33
I have never needed glasses, but always wanted to wear them so I could accessorize.
34
I have PCOS.
35
I have spent hours contemplating what the island on Lost really is.
36
I heart coffee.
37
I heart McDonald's french fries.
38
I just bought my first real adult purse.
39
I like beer. A lot.
40
I like listening to Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN Radio.
41
I like to eat the partially popped popcorn kernels the best (so does my husband - so we fight for them).
42
I love clouds.
43
I love giving christmas presents.
44
I love mexican food.
45
I love playing with data. Give me a problem in the database and I will get sucked into researching it for hours.
46
I love seafood.
47
I love snow - as long as I don't have to drive in it.
48
I love the new Battlestar Galactica.
49
I love to cook.
50
I love to hike and camp.
51
I love to make mix cds - with themes and a special cover and the whole she-bang.
52
I majored in Mathematics and Music in college.
53
I met Chuck Berry when I was six.
54
I miss ChiChi's restuarants, especially their seafood nachos and seafood enchiladas.
55
I once accidentally squirted ketchup all over the president of my company.
56
I play a little guitar and even less piano.
57
I played Dorothy in The Wiz when I was in college.
58
I played Lucy in a musical version of Narnia when I was nine.
59
I sang in a rock band with my sister L for a few years.
60
I sing first or second alto in choirs, but according to my vocal coach I am a soprano.
61
I still remember the thrill of the Hoosiers winning the NCAA championship in 1987 when I was ten. My brothers and I ran outside to our basketball court and pretended to be Keith Smart. (Yes, most houses in small-town Indiana have a basketball court to play on.)
62
I thought long and hard about becoming a nun - then I got married.
63
I totally and utterly love my husband.
64
I used to wear tye-dye shirts all the time.
65
I visited Europe twice in college.
66
I volunteered for a year through Americorps after I graduated college. While volunteering, I lived in a convent.
67
I want to make a quilt in my life.
68
I want to visit all of the human inhabited continents in my life.
69
I was a cheerleader from second grade to my senior year of high school.
70
I was a dancer when I was a kid - I took Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Tumbling, Clogging,Pom lessons for 13 years.
71
I was born in Indianapolis.
72
I was born on my brother M's 15th birthday.
73
I was extremely afraid of the dark until I was about 15. Sometimes I still get wigged out.
74
I was married in September of 2005.
75
I was so addicted to the Dark Tower Series that I bought two Concordances just to learn more about them.
76
I watched the entire series of Star Trek the Next Generation within three months.
77
I went to a woman's college in Indiana.
78
I went to all three years of the Lilith Fair.
79
I went to the beatification of the foundress of my college in Rome.
80
I wish I could eat potatoes without guilt.
81
I work in software.
82
In fourth grade I started an underground newspaper in my classroom.
83
My brother D went to Iraq at the beginning of the war. My sister L leaves on January 3rd.
84
My brother T and I were in the same grade from first grade on and we walked together in graduation (it was amazing we didn’t trip each other).
85
My dad had ten siblings and my mother had six. Our family is freaking humongous.
86
My dad is a retired truck driver and my mother is a homemaker. They are AWESOME at being parents. I only hope I can do as well as they did.
87
My dance group used to perform at the half-time of the Pacer games - when I was around six years old
88
My favorite Chipmunk is Alvin.
89
My favorite color is blue.
90
My favorite flower is the Gladiola.
91
My favorite holiday is Easter.
92
My favorite pizza is garlic, liced tomatoes, mushrooms and extra cheese.
93
My favorite type of sandwich is the Rueben.
94
My husband and I are playing each other for my family's fantasy football championship game.
95
My husband and I grew up fans of arch rival college teams.
96
My mom's sister married my dad's brother. It is totally legal - just strange to explain.
97
My mother's middle name is Nona, the latin word for Nine. She subsequently had nine children.
98
Our house burned to the ground when I was in kindergarten. I have no baby pictures of myself.
99
The only bone I have ever broken was my arm when I was three. I fell off of a slide.
100
Zelda Twilight Princess was the funnest video game I ever played.